Looking for some help.

I agree with Tony as well.

I'm sure lots of people use tripods, most would be using monopods. Personally I never use a tripod and find using a monopod restrictive when shooting sports. The biggest reason for using monopods is the weight of the lens. generally anything under a 300 2.8 shouldn't require a monopod, but then it also depends on strength and the ability to hold a camera and lens.

I agree with Tony as well.

I'm sure lots of people use tripods, most would be using monopods. Personally I never use a tripod and find using a monopod restrictive when shooting sports. The biggest reason for using monopods is the weight of the lens. generally anything under a 300 2.8 shouldn't require a monopod, but then it also depends on strength and the ability to hold a camera and lens.

I agree with that. The tripod comment originally came in when a commenter said that a tripod is useless if you want to get motion blur, when actually the exact opposite is true. Tripods are great if you want lots of motion blur without the camera shake blur. Again it really always just comes down to how you want to shoot. Do you want to sit at a certain part of the track and wait for your shot, or do you want to move around the track and chase shots? Only OP can really answer that.

Lots of good advice here. I'll just add: practice, practice, practice. Learn about composition and exposure (lots of good reading material here on the forum). Get a good image editing program (Corel PaintShop Pro is a good substitute for the more expensive PhotoShop) and learn it. Posting shots and asking for critiques is a great way to get ideas for improving your skill. Most important of all: have fun with your photography.

Most reactions

Back