Looking for some honest reviews.

Hollingsheadj

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well pretty new to here and the photography world. Had a D70 handed down to me a few years back that I rarely used. Went out and got a used D200 and starting to take photos more and more. Today I was playing around with an old clock my Grandmother left to me when she passed.

I took 3 different images with a low, medium, and high exposured and rendered them into a HDR. A few other small adjustments and this is what I have. I want honest answers of what you guys think of this photo.

I understand its not great, but everyone starts somewhere.

I added the copyright because I have seen an image of mine being used by someone else before. Ignore it, Im not trying to boost my ego by thinking people will steal it. :greenpbl:

Jordan Hollingshead

Old_clock.jpg

Compositionally I think it works, but I think the focus should be on the hands rather than the face of the clock. I find that looking at it my eyes want to focus on the hands and they can't. You should be able to adjust the aperture enough that both appear to be in focus, if that's what you want, but if one were to be blurrier than the other I'd pick the hands to be crisp.

Yea after finishing with this and looking at it for a bit I feel the same way. Tomorrow I am going to retry this and try to play with focus a bit more. Thanks for the honest answer though!

Alright. Well give me a day and I will see if I can fix this up a bit. As far as the effects go, I think I am going to treat the next photo the same way.

Looks nice, and the sig is not intrusive either. Good job!

You should've left the original up. This new version is too yellow for my liking, I thought to coloration of the first was way better.

well, im still stuck in playing around mode. I used to only shoot in the automatic mode, so this is all new to me already. Ive been trying to mimic the colors I had before but cant seem to get it. If I figure it out, I will put it up here.

Since the original is now gone, I have nothing to compare the current one against. The current image has a pretty bad white balance problem, or the editing has made it way too yellow.

Alright starting to feel like I am beating a dead dog. But this is the end of my working with this photo. Time to start something else and hope for a better outcome. Thank you for your responses though.

Clock3.jpg

The original looks better to me. I think the should probably have used a slightly smaller aperture so all of the digits would be in focus. That, or increased the shallow DoF so that they out of focus digits are really out of focus vs. being just barely out of focus.

The shot could probably benefit from some creative post editing too. :)

Sorry, but its not that interesting to me. Focus on both appears to be off or something. Also that copyright can easily be cropped off.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back