Looking for Strap Accessories for D7100

gryffinwings

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm looking for a strap accessory that mounts a strap to the tripod mount spot, I don't know what this is called or what brand it is, I figure this would make carrying my DSLR a bit more comfortable and easier to carry with longer and heavier lenses.

Actually that is what I'm looking for, are there any other brands?

I use black rapid myself, there are some cheaper Chinese knock offs but the black rapid really is worth it. Does a fantastic job of distributing the weight especially with a heavy lens.

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

I use black rapid myself, there are some cheaper Chinese knock offs but the black rapid really is worth it. Does a fantastic job of distributing the weight especially with a heavy lens.

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot, I probably will pick one up, since I have the Nikkor 17-55mm f2.8, which is my heaviest lens, I've been rather tired of using the OE strap that came with the camera, it just doesn't do much for comfort :(.

You'll be happy with a Black Rapid. I've had mine a while and it really does make the camera more comfortable to carry around. I wouldn't have a camera without one now.

Black Rapid is what I use over the shoulder sling and even has a zipper pocket for extra SD cards.I posted a picture of what I think you may be looking for.A couple things to keep in mind, There is a rubber gasket that sits between the screw bolt and camera body sorta like a rubber washer. If you tripod mount you have to unscrew the bolt from the camera body each time and the rubber gasket can stick to the Camera body and can be easily lost. I had this happen a few times on me but I noticed it stuck to the body of the camera right away.

Other then that,its the best investment I made to support around 6 pounds between the camera body and my birding lens.There may be other products of a similar set up but the quality of Black rapids is excellent and worth every penny.
IMG_0022.JPG

Most reactions

Back