Looking for the best equipment and shows for 2008

Changeup

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
While I consider myself to be a rookie when it comes to photography as a whole, I have great ambitions for 2008. I am looking for not only the higher end camera and video equipment but also for some of the upcoming shows to go to. I would love to hear what recommendations and information you might have for me.

Changeup

Well, you could go out and buy a Canon EOS 1Ds MKIII if you want the best camera...
but then there's people who will say...
You can go out and buy a Hasselblad digital if you want the best camera...
then there's someone else who will say something even more expensive.

I think you're going about it completely the wrong way. You can't just throw money at photography to get good pictures.

Sideburns,
The equipment is just part of my ambitions. I plan on listening to others in their advice as well as beginning to attend some classes. I just want to begin with good equipment.

Changeup

Sideburns,
The equipment is just part of my ambitions. I plan on listening to others in their advice as well as beginning to attend some classes. I just want to begin with good equipment.

Changeup

There's a difference between good equipment and the best equipment. I just think that if you learn that, you'll be better off.

For someone starting out...if they want a super good camera, I'd recommend perhaps a Canon 40D. It's got all the features you could ever want, great high ISO performance and image quality...but it isn't 10,000 dollars.

Just tryin to help you out, if anything. Because while you are on the right track (taking classes and whatnot), I think it would be a waste to go out and buy a digital back hasselblad for 50,000+ dollars...

Thanks Sideburns for the recommendation.

Most reactions

Back