Looking into the Epson r2880

mindyf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone I am going to purchase the Epson r2880 printer. I was wondering if anyone who has this printer could do me a favor and let me know on average about how much ink and paper you go through printing photos. I am going to be taking photos and printing them (8x10 and thinking about offering 11x14) at an event at the end of the month and just want to get an idea of how much ink to buy so that I am prepared.

Thanks so much.

I use the older R2400 which is pretty much the same. Ink/aper depends on how much you use it so it's impossible to say. To print an 8x10 it's pretty much an A4 page. An 11x14 is an A3 page. You would need something to cut the paper (I use a guillutine)

I take it you will not be printing actually AT the event??? Although no slouch, inkjets like this are just way too slow for event printing - unless you don't expect many prints.

I actually use a CIS system now because the cost of ink is way too much!!

Yeah, the cost of ink is really bad. And my Epson eats through the ink very-very quickly on 8x10's.

Yes we do plan to print at the event!! but I think we will take photos up to about an hour or 2 before the event ends then print what we can. We did a similar event a few months ago and I think that was the part that people liked the most was they could get the prints that day. I just hope we will have enough time to print all who orders.

Yes we do plan to print at the event!! but I think we will take photos up to about an hour or 2 before the event ends then print what we can. We did a similar event a few months ago and I think that was the part that people liked the most was they could get the prints that day. I just hope we will have enough time to print all who orders.

2 hours is not a long time. How many prints will you plan on doing? Considering it takes almost 2.5 minutes for an A4 and 5 for an A3 you could maybe print about thirty 14x11s in 2 hours (without doing edits).

For me the inkjets are too slow. Also bear in mind that the prints although may look dry, they are not wholly dry until some time after printing.

Get yourself a dye sub printer. Much faster

I think we will be ok on time I don't think we will sell more than 30 or so and if we don't have enough time we will get names and numbers to give them their prints the next day. Its not a huge event. The last one we did I was hoping for a ton of orders and we only got about 20 so I think this one will probly be the same although I am hoping for more. We don't do things like this often so I think I am going to get this printer.

Hi I had another question how many 8x10's do you get out of one set of ink?

Hard for me to say as I don't print like that. I still worry that when you give the prints out, people will put their finger prints all over them :) We may take care of the images and inkjet prints need time to settle. Dye-sub on the other hand are like lab prints.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back