Looking to buy a new dSLR, please suggest,

akashd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi every1,

i am new to this forum, and i am looking to buy a new dSLR, and needed advice from all the pro's sitting around advising ppl. The budget i got is around 400-450 USD. And considering my budget, what i have got in my mind is a SONY NEX-3K. if u got some good suggestions, i might as well change my mind, after all i m spending a small self earned fortune on my first dSLR...

thanx all...

You should look at the Nikon D3100 it's a good entry level SLR has HD video i just sold mine for $350 you could get a good one second hand for that price.

The Sony NEX line are excellent cameras, but they do lack some of the functionality of full-fledged DSLR. I agree if you can, you would be better off in the long run to buy an entry-level DSLR such as the Nikon 3100 or Canon T2i.

Your budget is just about at the minimum starting point for an entry-level DSLR.

A Nikon D3100 or a Canon T3 with kit lens (kit lens for both of these cameras is coincidentally an 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 "standard" zoom (modestly wide angle to very modestly telephoto) both run just about $500.

A Nikon D3100 doesn't have an in-body focusing motor. To auto-focus it needs Nikon "AF-S" lens (auto-focusing lenses that have their own in-lens focus motor) vs Nikon "AF" lenses (auto-focusing lenses that require a body which is equipped with a built-in focus motor.)

A Canon T3 doesn't have "spot metering" mode. This is useful when the light on your subject of interest is considerably different than the lighting in the rest of the scene and you want to make sure the camera meters specifically for your subject. It is actually the only currently marketed Canon DSLR that doesn't have spot-metering. A Canon T2i, T3i, etc. would all be better, but of course they cost a bit more.

Apart from that, both are excellent entry-level cameras.

Most reactions

Back