What's new

Looking up to Devilish Hops

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
9,027
Reaction score
2,175
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last edited:
Clearly not as intriguing of a title as I hoped..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I'm thinking that the whirlpool shape you have in the second image has potential to be a good center-point for the image. In the first image, I'd consider cropping off the top 20% so that the upper edge of the frame would start at the upper rocks, as the trees above don't seem to add anything to that image. As for the snake, he/she seems to be smiling a bit "This pose work for you?".

As for the title, I look at all your stuff. You're trying different things, and it is interesting to see what you're up to next.
 
I'm thinking that the whirlpool shape you have in the second image has potential to be a good center-point for the image. In the first image, I'd consider cropping off the top 20% so that the upper edge of the frame would start at the upper rocks, as the trees above don't seem to add anything to that image. As for the snake, he/she seems to be smiling a bit "This pose work for you?".

As for the title, I look at all your stuff. You're trying different things, and it is interesting to see what you're up to next.

I like to keep it interesting, ya know?

Thanks for the critique. These aren't final images from this location. Today was more of a scouting day. I hope to go back when there's better light.

Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
One more bump


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Based on your title and my lack of ability to look at the thread section... I was expecting a beer.

Still happy with the view, nice work man

*edit* - btw, asked a friend for you, it's an Eastern Milk Snake
 
Last edited:
Based on your title and my lack of ability to look at the thread section... I was expecting a beer.

Still happy with the view, nice work man

*edit* - btw, asked a friend for you, it's an Eastern Milk Snake

Hmm, I had no idea! I'm not a snake ID pro, and I took a best guess.

Glad you like the images!

Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Based on your title and my lack of ability to look at the thread section... I was expecting a beer.

Still happy with the view, nice work man

*edit* - btw, asked a friend for you, it's an Eastern Milk Snake

Hmm, I had no idea! I'm not a snake ID pro, and I took a best guess.

Glad you like the images!

Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmm... The milk snake has so much more color and unconnected bands.. This guys bands wrap all around.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Yeah you know, after looking close and comparing myself I think he's wrong. The patterns and jaw line look more like the northern water snake
 
Yeah you know, after looking close and comparing myself I think he's wrong. The patterns and jaw line look more like the northern water snake

Let's run with it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
the waterfall pictures are nice but the foreground in each hurts the image. They look too different and superimposed. I think you could cut off the bottoms and have a great image in each.
 
the waterfall pictures are nice but the foreground in each hurts the image. They look too different and superimposed. I think you could cut off the bottoms and have a great image in each.

Cut in closer to the falls? I try to add foreground for context and intrigue. I'll try cropping and post an example when I can. Thanks for your input!

Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom