Looking up

Great and very cute shot of a jumping spider!

Any third party photos of you when that thing jumped on you???? LOL

They really are interesting up close and personal. I think I like the 2nd one best.

Any third party photos of you when that thing jumped on you???? LOL

They really are interesting up close and personal. I think I like the 2nd one best.

Haha! Thanks.

No jumpers dont bother me at all and this little guy jumped onto my lens more than once. Other spiders I cant say the same for. Some really freak me out but never these guys. They are kind cute in a way. Very inquisitive little guys. They almost seem to have personality, I'm not sure I could say that about any other type of spider I have encountered.

I think one difference between jumping spiders and a lot of other insects is that they very apparently "see" more readily and react as well. So they tend to appear to hold more personality in a way we can more readily interpret. They've also got that "huge eyes" thing going on that helps improve their cute factor*.

*Interestingly for humans most "cute" things tend to equate toward more childlike physical properties. Big heads compared to body size; large eyes; etc... That's why you see many "designer cute" dogs which essentially look like oversized puppies

I think one difference between jumping spiders and a lot of other insects is that they very apparently "see" more readily and react as well. So they tend to appear to hold more personality in a way we can more readily interpret. They've also got that "huge eyes" thing going on that helps improve their cute factor*.

*Interestingly for humans most "cute" things tend to equate toward more childlike physical properties. Big heads compared to body size; large eyes; etc... That's why you see many "designer cute" dogs which essentially look like oversized puppies

That all makes good sense to me! Hadn't ever really thought of it that way.

Last edited:
Both are very good.

Though I don't like spiders. :aiwebs_016:

Most reactions

Back