Lots of Canon gear - 6D, 7D, T2i, 50mm 1.4, 30mm 1.4, 70-300 IS, 28-135mm (x2)

lennon_68

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went a little crazy upgrading from my T2i with my income tax refund this year... I bought a 7D package off Craigslist (to get some lenses that came with it) and also bought a big Canon 6D package. I really don't want to sell the 6D but I freaked out a little thinking about how much I spent on it so listed it anyway... I realize it's a bit cheesy to have my first post in the classifieds section but I'm not getting much interest on the local Craigslist (I'm in a pretty remote area) and I'd rather avoid all the fees associated with eBay. I saw a different thread where someone requested pictures with username to prove they have the gear, I could have done that preemptively but it seems a little boring... Someone come up with something a little more creative and I'll try to oblige :) (or I can just do that too I suppose).

Rather than find a site to host the images I'm just going to list a short summary here with a link to my ad on Craigslist.

UPDATE, not selling 6D :)
Canon 6D + 50mm 1.4 + battery grip: $2050: Camera is brand new from an authorized dealer (a little over a week old now). Invoice and warranty card will be included for warranty purposes. Lens is also a little over a week old (purchased just for this camera), Canon refurbished with 90 day warranty.
Canon 6D + 50mm f/1.4 + Battery grip

Update, 28-135mm sold on eBay. Body only for $790 + shipping.
Canon 7D + 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 + 32GB CF card - $1120: This camera shows some signs of use but is in overall good to very good condition (functionally it is perfect, no scratches on LCD, etc. but one button has wear around it). Lens comes with a UV filter on it and is in very good to great condition, no scratches on the glass, also includes a hood. Canon 7D + 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 + 32GB CF card

Update, 28-135mm sold on eBay. Body + battery grip for $350 + shipping.
Canon T2i + 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 + Battery grip - $600: This camera has been my baby for the last year and is in Excellent condition (capital 'E' even!). Somewhere around 6000 shutter actuations and not a scratch on it. Comes with an off brand battery grip and 4 extra batteries (5 total). Lens comes with a UV filter on it and is in very good to great condition, no scratches on the glass.
Canon T2i + 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 + Battery grip

Update, sold on eBay
Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM - Brand new in box - $330: Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM - Brand new in box

Update, sold on eBay
Sigma 30mm f/1.4 HS DG - Canon mount - $300: This is the lens that's been on my camera 99% of the time. I LOVE this lens but it only works with crop bodies and I'm upgrading to full frame. I have the box, hood, and pouch that it came with originally. The glass is perfect due to the UV filter that's been on it, and will be included with it. I also have an ND8 filter that I got to play around with but didn't get much use out of.
Sigma 30mm f/1.4 HS DG - Canon mount

Last edited:
If it's brand new and only a week old how about just returning it?

The 6D was part of a kit with some lenses that I'm going to keep and some lenses that I already sold. The 70-300mm was also part of the kit.

Last edited:
Bump. I'm not sure if there's no interest, my prices are too high, or potential buyers are leery of my Noob status... I do have some eBay feedback under the same username I registered with here (http://myworld.ebay.com/lennon_68 admittedly mostly buying though). I also have some history selling and trading on DIY speaker forums (Parts Express Free Classifieds for example).

Regarding the 6D I've decided I can afford to keep it. I really want to get the other stuff sold to fill the hole it left in my pocketbook though... Prices include paypal and shipping.

Everything's sold except the T2i + battery grip + 4 extra (knockoff) batteries and the 7D. Not sure if I should start a new thread or not as this may get missed?

Canon 7D body only - $790 + shipping. Note, I found after posting this that the on board flash doesn't work on this camera. The hot shoe functions fine though. I did make sure it wasn't just the micro switch, the camera genuinely thinks it's using the flash (pops it up, waits for it to charge and everything). Sale includes battery, charger, manual, cables, and front cap. I also have a 32gb CF card (cheap brand) for an additional $20.

Canon T2i body + knockoff battery grip + 4 knockoff batteries - $350 + shipping. I have the manuals, software, original box, etc. for this camera.

Most reactions

Back