Sigma 800mm APO 5.6 for Canon For Sale

bburnett71

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Posting this here because it's rare and of particular interest to wildlife photographers:

Asking $4,499
DSB_3198b.jpg

This would be a great lens for wildlife photos such as bald eagles, grizzly bears, and elk. Wish I had had it when I went to Yellowstone.
I purchased this at the HB Leiserowitz auction and was mistakenly given the impression that it was a Nikon mount. It's Canon. My loss, your gain. It's brand new but not the current Sigma DG model. The glass, body and case are perfect. You'll want a good sturdy tripod with this lens.

Here is a recent 5 Star review of this model of lens with Sony APS-C and full frame digital cameras:
Sigma 800mm F5.6 EX APO A-mount alpha lens reviews
And an example photo of an eagle by that reviewer:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/283/19212002753_8971d5e345_c.jpg

A photographer friend says that it would likely work well as a manual lens with other mirrorless cameras (and the right adapter).

From Sigma's catalog:
"APO 800m F5.6 ZEN World's smallest 800mm super telephoto with internal focusing system for quick response. Featuring a focal length of 800mm and telephoto ratio of 0.57, this super telephoto lens is the world's smallest in its class. Its compact design makes it easy to handle. Though it is a super telephoto lens, its internal focusing system enables you to focus quickly, unaffected by the movement of your subject. Chromatic aberration, which is characteristic of a super telephoto lens, has been reduced to a minimum by using apochromatic design and two pieces of SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass for the front elements. On the outside, the exclusive "ZEN" matte finish offers a sure grip, prevents reflections and resists scratches. Its sturdy body withstands severe shooting conditions, allowing you to shoot sharp, quality pictures anytime, anywhere."

Includes:
Hard Case + Strap
2x Case Keys
Lens Hood
Hood Cover
Rear Cap
Drop-in UV Filter (You can use standard 46mm filters such as a drop-in circular Polarizing filter)
Neck Strap
Instructions + Warranty Card
12.41 lb lens weight
28 lb with shipping case weight

Comparable lenses:
Canon 800mm f/5.6 : $12,999
Sigma 800mm 5.6 EX DG APO HSM: $6,599
Canon 600mm f/4 : $8,050

Last edited:
per forum rules you have to post photos of the item here as well as a price, cant just link an ebay ad.

Sorry, revised the post.

Posting this here because it's rare and of particular interest to wildlife photographers:
Unfortunately interest to a specific group of photographers doesn't permit posting of 'Buy & Sell' items outside of the 'Buy & Forum'. Moved to the appropriate forum.

Most reactions

Back