Louisville, Ms- Tornado- 4/28/14

TWright33

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As many of you know (If you have been watching the weather channel) Louisville, Ms was hit by a preliminary rated EF4 tornado Monday afternoon.

I'm not going to tell my story from it, but I was in the path and I survived unscathed.

I will be directly posting some images here, and later today creating a Flickr album.

$DSC_3530.jpg

Scary! Certainly glad you're okay, and praying for all those affected. We had a pretty rough night that night here in East TN as well, with lots of tornado warnings and some funnel clouds, but thankfully no actual touch downs of tornadoes and no significant damage.
I've lived through an EF0 and that was PLENTY scary enough for me--I never, ever want to experience a stronger one.

One of my best friend's moms lives in an area of TN, west of us and closer to Alabama, that got hit pretty hard. She had three massive trees fall on her house, but was unhurt.

That is great to hear.

The home I was in only had a hole in the roof and our vehicle glass broken in the driveway.

What a mess ! The real scary part is, this is just beginning.

Slowly editing pictures and trying to actually work while at work

$1.jpg$3.jpg$4.jpg$5.jpg$6.jpg$DSC_3408.jpg

Attachments

• $13.jpg
    $13.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 148
Wow. Glad you made it through safely.

You need to go give that Police Officer a ticket for parking in the grass like that ;)

Wow, I lived here in OK my whole life and have see this kind of damage and worse too many times and it never stops me from being in awe when I see the pictures.

Wow! Glad to hear your ok. I can't imagine what it's like. We fortunately rarely get tornadoes up this way. Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

Some good pics you've shown so far. Glad you're okay, and that not too much of your property was damaged.

You need to go give that Police Officer a ticket for parking in the grass like that ;)

Wow, I lived here in OK my whole life and have see this kind of damage and worse too many times and it never stops me from being in awe when I see the pictures.

The first thing I thought of was knowing how everyone in the plains feels now when a big tornado comes through.

I drive by this policeman's house everyday. The only thing left of his house was the front steps.

This is a quick pano of the area there
Ike-Panorama by twright2933, on Flickr

Wow those bare trees and the cars banged up and flipped around really show the devastation. Glad it wasn't worse for you, there will sure be a lot of recovery to be done.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back