Low-budget slide-viewing

spiralout

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I recently shot a couple rolls of Provia and I was knocked flat on my arse when I got them back; digital can't even touch film! I was reeling from the cost of buying the film and getting it processed, so needless to say, there's NO way I can afford a projector. Does anyone know of (or know how to make) any cheap projector alternatives?

I won't touch your digital comment :lol: But....I think you can use regular project, like the teachers used in school back in the day, an overhead projector thingy...at least I've heard that works...

You could try an OHP (overhead projector).
Or a big torch <-- hehe depends on how cheap you want to go.

Slide projectors probably don't cost that much anymore on ebay, so have a good look around. Or you could scan them onto your computer - but it's boring watching a computer screen.

I scanned them with my flatbed. It has a slide scan option, but the scans come out depressingly boring. They don't even come close to the colors and contrast of the slides. :( What is this torch you speak of? :lol:

I am in the same boat with needing a projector. Slide projectors are one of those things that you just know someone has sitting in thier attic not ebing used.. you just have to find that someone hehe

I just checked some prices out, and light boxes look by far to be the most economical. How do they stack up against projectors?

here's that torch I was talking of:
If you got a couple of big sailing boats to go out, drop their anchors, and then tie a big white sheet between them. And you'd be standing up stairs holding your little slides out ... then this'd be great.

It's a little hard to take to people's houses though. :-(
Cape%20Byron%20wb%201.jpg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Projectors are pretty plentiful and cheap on the used market, with lots of choices for less than $100. My Rollei was NIB at $60.

Dave

Most reactions

Back