low light/fog questions

whiterabbit7500

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ok, so the other night there was an AMAZING fog that fell over my area, I got one or two good shots, but for some reason, the one shot of my neighbors driveway and his freaky greenish light came out messed up.

link here

the light was casting an amazing shadow onto the fog form behind his two trees, but the camera messed it all up for some reason. I was using kodak 400 speed, with a standard 70mm lens / polarizing filter on it, AF on, and unknown apreture and shutter speed due to mishap with camera.

I know I have to get the thing fixed, but what would you guys suggest as the best settings for shooting in low light fog?

when shooting in low light condition.....polarzing filter is not desired

never thought of it...thanks. When would you use a polarizing filter besides shooting through glass and with water?

nature photography, on sunny days. blues are bluer, and greens are greener with a polarizer.

smyth stole my lines....haha.....yeah...polarized filter is used to reduce glare (sunday radiation to be specific in a certain waveform)......so that color is not as "hot" and appears "richer"

little bit of physics....waveform are usually polarized in a certain direction....thus the name of such filter is called polarized....and sun ray is a type of waveform....

Most reactions

Back