Lowepro Nova 5AW bag.

PlasticSpanner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cheshirecatcarclub.info
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm looking for another shoulder bag for my digital stuff. I don't particularly want a backpack and would like to know what bags people would reccomend.

I will be filling it with a 400D, 70-300 Sigma, 24-70 Canon and possibly a 19-30 Sigma and 220EX flash. Along with all the other bits & bobs needed.

I bought a mini trekker a few weeks ago, it's great but it's a backpack - I have a reporter as well, but if you are going to walk around with it all day over one shoulder, then it does get uncomfortable.

Can't really comment on the nova - I haven't tried it. Lostprophet might have a view on it...

I have the Nova 4, which is a couple of inches shorter in length than the 5 but otherwise seems very similar. You should have no problem at all fitting the kit you described inside it. In mine I usually carry two SLR bodies along with 4 lenses (2 of those fitted to the cameras, and I can easily fit more in the bag if they're primes instead of zooms), plus a film or digital point-&-shoot, plus lightmeter, film, memory cards, batteries, and general accessories. Walking around with it over my shoulder I definitely know it's there, and it does get fairly heavy after a while if it's fully loaded, but on the other hand I don't need to worry about someone behind me opening up my bag and stealing my cameras, plus everything's more instantly accessible to me, so I like it.

To add to this topic, are there any good messenger style bags that can safely carry a DSLR with, say, a laptop, books, or papers as well? Not a full package, just the body, an attached 18-50 lens, and maybe a speedlight as well.

In other words, a camera ready man-purse :)

--Illah

There probably is, but I wouldn't buy one as it would probably result in permanently leaning to one side and make some lucky chiropractor very rich :lmao: (my laptop is a brick).

I recommend the Nova 4 AW. I can fit two bodies, 3 lenses, 4 flashes, and alot of my accessories in there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back