LR5 - adobe support -

LifeORiley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm confused about how The Cloud rental service will affect my copy/use of LR5.

What happens to my photos and so on.

I have zero interest in the Adobe Cloud rental system. On that point - Adobe can drop dead.

If you mean Creative Cloud, nothing happens.
Photos sit on your desktop, nothing happens to them.
For Adobe it is a way of fighting software piracy by requiring routine online validations and maintaining a steady, dependable income stream.
For users (me) it is a cheap, no-brainer way of having the most up-to-date version of LR and PS.

And you can use LR until it quits or breaks and Adobe stops supporting it.

It won't affect your copy of LR5 if it's the full version you purchased at a store. That will remain on your computer until you delete it. If ypu sign up for the CC photography program you will have access to LR5 as well as PS2014 and Bridge. You only need to install the programs you want to use on your computer and the ones which are installed via CC will get updates from Adobe as they come out (your full version of LR5 will only get what Adobe provides for it, if they release a LR6 and stop supporting LR5 then you will no longer get updates). I use this program so that I get the latest updates as soon as they are available and it is easier for me to pay about $10 a month as opposed to coming up with a couple hundred $'s all at once.

Adobe's subscription is not actually a cloud type of service.
Both the LR software and your photos are right there on your computer, and not somewhere out there in cyberspace in a 'cloud'.

At some point Adobe will likely release LR 6.
When they do, they will stop updating LR5.
The current version of LR 5 is 5.7 and I'm not aware of any Adobe LR or Photoshop CS updates beyond a x.7 version.
In fact, with past new LR releases about every 18 months Adobe is past due for LR 6 since LR 5 was released June 9, 2013 - 19 months ago.

Thanks everybody...

Maybe I was a little harsh towards Adobe. I want them to protect themselves in this hacker world we live in but I just don't want another subscription.

Magazine/paper subscriptions have gone the way of the buggy whip - I just don't want another subscription. Even if it's cheaper and smarter.

Thanks again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back