Lumix FZ1000 Internal Noise

Gary1234

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am a newbie so I apologize for asking what may be a stupid question.

I just got a Lumix FZ1000 yesterday. When I hold the camera and move it down, there is a discernible internal noise that sounds like something is loose and moving forward. When I move the camera up, the noise occurs as well but it sounds as though it is moving in the opposite direction (i.e. upward rather than downward). I should clarify that it is just a noise; it is clear that there is movement that can be felt while holding the camera.

Is this normal?

Again, I apologize if this is a question to which I should know the answer.
I have tried to contact Panasonic Customer Service without success. It may be the worst customer service I have ever encountered.

Thank you.

Gary

Gary,

Regardless of camera model or make, that's not something that should be happening. If possible I highly recommend you return the camera and get a replacement or refund.

Gary,

Regardless of camera model or make, that's not something that should be happening. If possible I highly recommend you return the camera and get a replacement or refund.

Thank you so much. When I did "chat support" with Panasonic, which is ****impossible**** to reach by phone, the agent said that some rattle and some don't. I asked how that could be possible. She said it was just a fact. Thanks again.

Thank you so much. When I did "chat support" with Panasonic, which is ****impossible**** to reach by phone, the agent said that some rattle and some don't. I asked how that could be possible. She said it was just a fact. Thanks again.

If this is a new camera, return it. You don't spend that kind of money on something that rattles. A rattle indicates something is loose internally, which absolutely should not be the case regardless of what they might have told you.

I know this is an older topic so sorry for the late response. I just thought I'd answer it. The rattle you hear is the image stabilizer. It's normal in this camera to hear it rattle if you give the camera a little shake. You'll also hear it operating if you have it turned on. There is references to it in some reviews and in some YouTube reviews. I own this camera and yeah it makes those noises, but it's still a damn fine camera.

Most reactions

Back