Lumopro LP-180 or YN-560 III

Jptex

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am wanting to get into flash photography. I have been researching speedlights and I have come down to the Yongnuo Yn-560 III and Lumopro LP-180.

The Lumopro has 2 year warranty but it sells at $199. For a little over $200 I can buy a used Nikon SB-800.

The YN-560 III is $75, but comes with the risk of Chinese quality control.

My total budget is $350, but with this I also want to buy a stand, umbrella, and a radio triggers.

I would love to have some feedback or good/bad experiences with either one.

Depends on what you plan on doing. Indoors? A couple of flashpoint 320m's +light stands, and a couple of 60 inch parabolic umbrella, triggers and you'd be good to go.

Depends on what you plan on doing. Indoors? A couple of flashpoint 320m's +light stands, and a couple of 60 inch parabolic umbrella, triggers and you'd be good to go.

I don't have any real direction, I just wanted to experiment with everything that I shoot. From family and friends, to some landscape, architecture and cars. I will probably start focusing on portraits more with the flash set ups, but not necessarily indoors all the time. So I am really looking for some speedlights.

I don't have any real direction, I just wanted to experiment with everything that I shoot. From family and friends, to some landscape, architecture and cars. I will probably start focusing on portraits more with the flash set ups, but not necessarily indoors all the time. So I am really looking for some speedlights.

If you are looking for all manual flash, I will strongly suggest looking into the sb24,25,26,28's. All under 100 bucks and they work well in addition to having PC ports.

I'm not sure it this is going to give you an exact answer, but I've got an LP-160 and a YN-568, and I usually find myself reaching for the YN-568 because of the ETTL. I don't believe the YN-560 has all the bells & whistles of the 568, so take that with a grain of salt. I owned the LP-160 for a couple years before picking up the YN-568, and it served me very well during that time. Comparing it to the YN-568, there are some minor touches the Yongnuo gets right vs. the LP-160, including the battery door and the hotshoe mount, which is a little nicer on the Yongnuo. I've had the Yongnuo for almost a year -- not nearly as long as the LumoPro, but neither of them has let me down. Had I to do it all over again, I'd probably have skipped the LumoPro and gone straight to an ETTL and HSS-capable flash, along with triggers capable of the same (622's, for instance), but I'm sure the new LumoPro is a solid flash as well.

The yn-568 is another flash I have on my radar. The new lp-180 has supposedly fix the battery door and the hotshoe according to their website.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back