What's new

Lunar wonder

jeffashman15 6

Level 40 Squirrel Warrior
Joined
Mar 18, 2021
Messages
16,126
Reaction score
11,036
Location
The Colony, Texas, USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm still experimenting with getting shots of the moon. These shots are with the Sigma 150-600mm. The second one has the Sigma x1.4 teleconverter on it.

1 f/14 1/2000 ISO 5000 600mm
mar15202201 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

2 f/14 1/1250 ISO 2500 840mm
mar15202202 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr
 
Both look nice, Jeff, but with a 600 I think these could be cropped more to show more detail or is there a reason you held back on it?
 
Both look nice, Jeff, but with a 600 I think these could be cropped more to show more detail or is there a reason you held back on it?
Thanks! More cropping started to produce unsightly artifacts. The sky was actually lighter, but LR made it a lot darker, and trying to fix that didn't work out very well. I haven't learned how to manage layers in the PP software yet.
Nice and crisp!
Thank you!
 
Thanks! More cropping started to produce unsightly artifacts. The sky was actually lighter, but LR made it a lot darker, and trying to fix that didn't work out very well. I haven't learned how to manage layers in the PP software yet.

Thank you!
I see, figured it was something like that, it usually is for me. I haven't tried layers yet either, I just don't have the time for more processing.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom