The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The actual name of this instrument is the rabab.

C/C appreciated shot at ISO 12800 with sony 6500 and 2m mm lens. f4 1/125. (this place was dark)
Denoised with Topaz AI

A Berber friend sent me this message: "the instrument is called Rabâb. it replaces a little the violin or the guitar it depends how in play with ... used especially in the Berber music of souss (Agadir and regions)"

View attachment 193109

Last edited:
Very cool! Looks like something that should be dead simple to play, but is probably very difficult to play well.

Very cool! Looks like something that should be dead simple to play, but is probably very difficult to play well.

Probably true.
He sang in the Berber language and it was completely not Western music so I just smiled and, when it was over, gave him some money.

Great photo. I like the side lighting. Definitely dig the shades. I’ve spent time in Morocco as well. I’m glad things are a little safer for Americans these days.....

Great photo. I like the side lighting. Definitely dig the shades. I’ve spent time in Morocco as well. I’m glad things are a little safer for Americans these days.....

Thank you, Charlie.
I had no option as the only light was through a small window to my right and the door far away behind the player.
These were really grab shots as the men weren't fans of photography.

Lew

Most reactions

Back