olivertam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
4587360139_6f1527a55d_b.jpg

olivertam

Overall I think this is very pretty.

I love the warm glow, and I like the light and shadows, except for what seems to be natural light (?? Is this what's called Rembrandt? I'm not sure) on the right side of her head. It's a little distracting.

Also, perhaps try getting the necklace in focus too, as this would make for good fashion or product photography.

One more thing, I know this isn't "critique the model", but a little less eyeliner, or even smudging it a bit, would be very pretty on her, I think. Also, perhaps having her tilt her head up slightly would reduce the dark shadows under her eyes.

Hi,

The right side of the photograph is very dark, I know the affect calls for it, but I'd have still been tempted to use some fill or reflection here so that the skin deviations on her temple weren't as obvious as I don't believe they are flattering on her. In addition, the light that appears on this side looks like it comes from a window, rather than being the source of controlled light.

I'd be very careful with the angle of her head, in this shot it is too extreme, coupled with her hair being so tight the first thing that came to mind was Roger from American Dad, her eyes are appearing too far down for this hair style and the resulting prominent ear appearance.

Just so I don't always look like I only give negative criticism, her skintone looks like it has been captured very well.

Steve

Most reactions

Back