Lytro introduces auto focus stacking and 3d camera later this year

They haven't released any details on the product as of yet but I'm wondering what type of memory we're dealing with here. The adobe flash platform might be a problem for others also.

If we can edit these in post ourselves I'm completely sold. Screw Canon and Nikon I'm switching to Lytro! lol

These aren't going to be producing professional quality images for some time. The extra focus freedom comes at the expense of resolution and huge memory/processing power for anything approaching pro quality.

This will remain a gadget for the time being. At lest until we see something like cheap 120MP sensors, and even then you are still looking at the extra focus freedom knocking that down to 4MP.

These aren't going to be producing professional quality images for some time. The extra focus freedom comes at the expense of resolution and huge memory/processing power for anything approaching pro quality.

This will remain a gadget for the time being. At lest until we see something like cheap 120MP sensors, and even then you are still looking at the extra focus freedom knocking that down to 4MP.

Do you have a source for this?

Do you have a source for this?

This guy explains it pretty well. Of course, the exact loss of resolution depends on the precise amount of latitude you want to give yourself in refocusing.

Not a scam, exactly, and the demo...: News Discussion Forum: Digital Photography Review

Interesting. Although I think I still see this as a glimpse of what's going to happen in the professional realm. I think our field will extensively be adding more interactive products as options like cinemegraphs, stereoscopics(digital copies and prints) and maybe this lytro technique.

I maybe talking air here but I find it far too interesting not to pursue.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back