Everything in the States is the way wrong around.
Lightswitches, doors, taps, driving on t'other side of road, you name it, didn't matter what it was, they just had to do things differently, a pesky nuisance I thought that drove me to the point of sheer exasperation, especially when even after 3 months out there, I was still trying to jump in the wrong side of the beamer to drive the darn thing.
Think I upset this trucker a tad too, there he were bearing down on me like a ton of bricks in the middle of nowhere somewhere in the western States, with him blasting his horn, me gesticulating wildly out the window for him to get the hell out of my way, when at the last few seconds it dawned on me, that actually, I was on the wrong side of the road.
Swerving quickly by instinct, I immediatedly pulled the steering wheel lefthand side down, which seemed to annoy him for some unfathomable reason even more. I guess he didn't see my British flag flying proudly on top of the car.
Oops. Sorry Mr Trucker, I'm from England, please excuse me, I say, isn't it lovely weather? :hail:
Cup of tea darling?
