Mac software question...

Sirashley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
okay guys please go easy as I am a newb, but my question is. I am in the market for a new DSLR and I was curious, do all the manufacture's software that's included work with Mac? I am looking at Canon, Nikon, and Sony, and I was just wondering if the software included with the camera's is Mac compatible?

The software that comes with Nikon is NOT compatible with Mac OS 10.5 yet. It IS COMPATIBLE with 10.4 though. I have no idea about any other manufacturers though. And I'm sure Nikon is at work on making their software 10.5 compatible, so that should be relatively soon.

I have the Canon Professional software (packaged with the 1d MarkII) and the basic Canon RAW viewer (packaged with my G5). Both work fine.... keep in mind, I never directly attach the cameras to the Mac. I just copy the files off of the media card via a card reader.

There might be drivers (and thus incompatibilities) involved when directly attaching the camera to the Mac.

okay guys please go easy as I am a newb, but my question is. I am in the market for a new DSLR and I was curious, do all the manufacture's software that's included work with Mac? I am looking at Canon, Nikon, and Sony, and I was just wondering if the software included with the camera's is Mac compatible?

I won't touch Windoze.

I have Nikon.

Life is good.

Cool guys, Thanks for the info, I'm running 10.4 and am looking at a D80 so that would work for me...

I have a Mac running 10.5.2 and I installed the software that came with the Nikon D300. It installed without issues and runs fine, too.

When I say software, I mean Capture NX.

Yep. What's the problem with Leopard?

Well, last time I tried to install the software that comes with the D300, it was a no-go.

But, I just tried again tonight, and the stuff installed and is working. I'm having some slight troubles with Nikon Transfer being unresponsive though.

Trenton, when you say 'Nikon Transfer' what do you mean?

I am having trouble with the software update. When I start Capture NX, I get a message that say that there is an update. When I click the button to get the update, it says downloading. The progress bar even makes it almost all the way to the end. However, a dialog box then pop ups saying: "Could not download the software update. Try again later." This happens all the time.

Is this what you meant?

Trenton, when you say 'Nikon Transfer' what do you mean?

I am having trouble with the software update. When I start Capture NX, I get a message that say that there is an update. When I click the button to get the update, it says downloading. The progress bar even makes it almost all the way to the end. However, a dialog box then pop ups saying: "Could not download the software update. Try again later." This happens all the time.

Is this what you meant?

This happens to me all the time too... I can't download the new update

Somebody knows why is this happening?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back