Mac Software?

ThereSheGoes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all. I'm a fairly new and proud Macbook Pro owner. I effing love it.... I don't miss a PC at all, except that I had Paintshop Pro XI on it, and iPhoto has very very limited editing capabilities. I can't even text on the photo, use a clone tool, do many special effects, etc. So, what Mac software is best for photo editing (and restoring as well for really old photos)?

I use Photoline, it costs about as much as Photoshop Elements and PSP, but does everything you'd actually want to do with big boy Photoshop. GUI is kinda weird, but you'll get used to it. Don't get sucked down the GIMP hole. Gimp sucks.

Look around on the app store (Apple Menu -> App Store), but read the reviews carefully and check with the developers site for a demo.

Ever heard of Photoshop? :er:

Yeah, but I thought it was only for Windows. :meh: Like I said, I'm a new to Mac. That is awesome if I can use it on Mac, though.

you might notice that quite a few of the photoshop tutorials on youtube are done on a mac...

you might notice that quite a few of the photoshop tutorials on youtube are done on a mac...

Haven't watched any of those. I always used PSP (since like the 5.0 version LOL) b/c it was more affordable.

I use PS Elements and Lightroom. I got a good deal on them but if I could only have one I'd use LIghtroom. It's probably not as powerful but I like the look and feel. I read vs and comparisons and descriptions too.

I'm totally not a pro or power user and not proficient either at editing. I am a seasoned Mac user though.

Enjoy your new MBP. I know you will.

I use Aperture. But it can't do as much as PS. But it works great for me and is super easy to figure out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back