What's new

MAC USERS! Help please? Burning a disk...

e.rose

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 27, 2011
Messages
4,789
Reaction score
1,985
Location
Nashville, Tn
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I haven't done this yet since I bought a mac over 2 years ago... :lol:

How the hell do I burn photos to a DVD WITHOUT using iPhoto?

I refuse to use iPhoto.

iPhoto is the devil. :lol:

I googled but it just keeps telling me how to do it *WITH* iPhoto. :er:

I shall continue Googling, but on the off-chance that someone here knows the answer and is willing to share it with me before I find the answer in the depths of the deep, dark, interwebs, I thought I'd ask you lovely people as well. :sillysmi:

Thanks!
 
I run MAC! I haven't done pictures onto a DVD but if it is the same as making a CDR then here is what you do.

Make a folder and put all the images you want burned into the folder.
Insert your disc
Open you finder and locate the folder
Open the options drop down menu... (the one that looks like a gear)
and say burn (folder name) to disc!

El Completo!
 
Thanks guys :)

I was getting confused because it looked like it was only going to create an alias to the folder I wanted to burn, but it actually burned the images.

It DID say at the end of the burn that it couldn't verify the disk... but it seems to have burned just fine... so I dunno what that *means*... but it seems to have worked. :lol:
 
TIP:

1) Bring up a Finder menu
2) At the title bar, right mouse click
3) Select "Customize Toolbar..."
4) Locate the "Nuclear" black and yellow symbol with "Burn" underneath
5) Click on the "Nuclear" icon and drag it to the tool bar at the top
6) Click done

You should now see the black and yellow Nuke symbol in your tool bar. Whenever you want to burn the contents of any folder, simply open the finder window, navigate to said folder, click on the Nuke symbol, and follow the instructions.
 
I use Adaptec's Toast CD authoring and burning software, [now owned by ROXIO] and have since the days when burners were 2x, weighed 17 pounds, and cost $900...I loves me the Toast!!!!
 
Thanks guys :)

I was getting confused because it looked like it was only going to create an alias to the folder I wanted to burn, but it actually burned the images.

It DID say at the end of the burn that it couldn't verify the disk... but it seems to have burned just fine... so I dunno what that *means*... but it seems to have worked. :lol:

Is that the technical term for one of those doohickys that's not really a doohicky but shows the doohicky to get to the real doohicky via the not real but possibly fake doohicky? (shortcut?)
 
Thanks guys :)I was getting confused because it looked like it was only going to create an alias to the folder I wanted to burn, but it actually burned the images.It DID say at the end of the burn that it couldn't verify the disk... but it seems to have burned just fine... so I dunno what that *means*... but it seems to have worked. :lol:
Is that the technical term for one of those doohickys that's not really a doohicky but shows the doohicky to get to the real doohicky via the not real but possibly fake doohicky? (shortcut?)
Nooooo! It is not one of those doohickys! Air Drop is the doohickey. This is a whatchamacallit.
 
TIP:

1) Bring up a Finder menu
2) At the title bar, right mouse click
3) Select "Customize Toolbar..."
4) Locate the "Nuclear" black and yellow symbol with "Burn" underneath
5) Click on the "Nuclear" icon and drag it to the tool bar at the top
6) Click done

You should now see the black and yellow Nuke symbol in your tool bar. Whenever you want to burn the contents of any folder, simply open the finder window, navigate to said folder, click on the Nuke symbol, and follow the instructions.

Awesome, I'll give that a try! :sillysmi:

Thanks guys :)

I was getting confused because it looked like it was only going to create an alias to the folder I wanted to burn, but it actually burned the images.

It DID say at the end of the burn that it couldn't verify the disk... but it seems to have burned just fine... so I dunno what that *means*... but it seems to have worked. :lol:

Is that the technical term for one of those doohickys that's not really a doohicky but shows the doohicky to get to the real doohicky via the not real but possibly fake doohicky? (shortcut?)

I think so? :lmao:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom