MacBook Air (M1) SD Card problems

Point Peninsula

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,
Apologies if this question belongs in a different forum.

I received a new MacBook Air with the M1 architecture. (I know, early adopter woes and all that.)

I'm unable to read an SD card using an external reader and a USB cable adapter. The card appears briefly, I can see the files, and then it disconnects.

I've tried to connect the computer directly to the camera using an USB-C to USB Mini-B, and that doesn't recognize the device at all.

Anyone with any experience using the new Apple M1-based computers?

Thanks

I have a Mac Mini M1, and have no such problems. Or any other problems for that matter.

I use a Satechi Mac Mini Stand Hub which have a built in SD-card reader. I also use a XQD-card reader or connect my camera via USB-C. All of these methods work just like they're supposed to.

I have a Mac Mini M1, and have no such problems. Or any other problems for that matter.

I use a Satechi Mac Mini Stand Hub which have a built in SD-card reader. I also use a XQD-card reader or connect my camera via USB-C. All of these methods work just like they're supposed to.
happy wheels
OK,I get it,tks!

I bought a Caldigit dock, and it too works fine. The simple cable adapter to SD reader didn’t, though.

Most reactions

Back