Mackenzie - Grad

3 and 6 are my favorite. Great series!

No offense, but #5 looks like she's taking a dump. #6 is aweful (cluttered bg, camera height, armpits etc).

Having said that, I like the rest of them :) Nice colors and pop, and good processing. Thanks for sharing

I'd agree on #5 and the taking a dump kind of look...it's NOT a very flattering pose for a young woman in a dress... #6 being "aweful", or awful....I'd disagree on that. Yes, the background is cluttered--because it's a hubcap barn or hubcap shed...in my hometown there was a rural 2-lane highway that had a REALLY tight, downhill right hand corner that was sooooooooo extreme, that losing a hubcap there was a daily occurrence....the guy would put them on the fence posts for a week or so, then if you didn't come back to get your popped-off hubcap, the hubcap would be removed from the fence by the road, and tacked up onto the side of the barn...which looked just like the barn in #6!!!

Shot #1, the horizontal of her standing in a field of some type of forage crop, or maybe a field of mint (?) is kind of neat, since it is a horizontal that NEEDS to be a horizontal, in order to present her in front of the silos in the background. This is a perfect example of when to photograph a standing woman using a horizontal composition--when the overall environment is WORTHY of being shown...not just dead space, or empty green grass on either side of a floating-in-space head, but the person shown standing, from a low camera angle, and positioned in front of a softly OOF backdrop, yet one that is recognizable, and which is probably a very BIG part of her home town or home area. Just like the hubcap barn in #6...personalized, localized details.

As always, Derrel gives great CC!

Not much to add, but I did enjoy your photos.

Thanks for sharing!!!

Well done! I enjoyed viewing them all!

Nice pictures and a great idea. Don't give up on it. The big thing with grads is that they don't realize or even consider how valuable to the memories something like these images will be. I know how many times I hear people between 30 and over 50 saying I sure wish I had pictures of this or that when I was young. Even today with the all the point and shoots I see people taking pix of everything, but it's not with the intention of keeping beyond a few weeks or so. It's all about right now, right this minute or some cheap low res images for facebook and myspace.

It's a great idea. If you can find a way to push it and get the word around that you are doing these. Could make you very busy. Best of luck!!!

Most reactions

Back