Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The toad's a wee belter.

The toad's a wee belter.

Thanks mate, I was pretty pleased with that shot, he was tiny! The Mrs thought I was mental as well as I was lying down on the path with people walking by to get the shot :allteeth:

Very good set......

Thanks Jeff, I really like that soft light with macro. My ISO was sometimes higher than I'd have liked but nice to be able to get useable shots at way beyond what I'd have been happy with before.

Glad the toad was cooperative! Good photo of him.

Pete, love the toad, diggin' the monochrome vibe while not actually being monochrome. The wife might think your bonkers but the shot is nice and sharp, well worth it.

The second shot is really nice too, prefer it to 3 and 4 but all are quite appealing. Ok changed my mind, really like number four quite a bit too. :)

Nice set.

Thanks Kirk!

Glad the toad was cooperative! Good photo of him.

Thanks Winona, I did have to chase him a bit, but he did sit quite well

A fine set Mate.

Cheers,
Mike ☘️

Thanks Mike!

Pete, love the toad, diggin' the monochrome vibe while not actually being monochrome. The wife might think your bonkers but the shot is nice and sharp, well worth it.

The second shot is really nice too, prefer it to 3 and 4 but all are quite appealing. Ok changed my mind, really like number four quite a bit too. :)

Thanks Jeff, yeah the complementary colour pallette worked quite well here though it was coincedence rather than planned. I think the toad is my best shot of that day.

2 was at a very high ISO, right up at 12,800 which is pretty much the limit on my camera for acceptable levels of noise, and I kinda like that in 3 you can just make out it's feeding on the pollen if the position means I lost getting it's abdomen in. The bee is undoubtably my weakest shot of the set, and the lighting isn't quite right so the eyes are a bit lost. I'd agree with your initial assessment :allteeth:

Good set. The sights of early August.

Thanks Derrel. Yeah, I never realised it at the time but the slight indications of autumn are already creeping in. With our summers getting wetter and windier they can seem much shorter and the chances of good weather seem to be happening more in the first part of the year. The good news for me is the days are getting shorter, so sunsets and sunrises will be on the cards soon.

Last edited:
#2 for me. Nice set.,

Most reactions

Back