macro lens suggestions.

I already have a set of vivitar extension tubes that work really well. (aside from not having a focus rail yet)
I just want an actual macro lens now so i dont have to mess with the tubes.
I dont mess with macro very much, so it would be nice if the lens was good for other things too. like portraits.

I already have a set of vivitar extension tubes that work really well. (aside from not having a focus rail yet)
I just want an actual macro lens now so i dont have to mess with the tubes.
I dont mess with macro very much, so it would be nice if the lens was good for other things too. like portraits.
Well as I said the Nikon 60mm 2.8G or "D" are designed to do macro and general use too.
I shot more then few portraits with my lens and I loved the results, before buying this lens I have tested the Nikon 60mm 2.8G and compared it with the Nikon 85mm 1.8g in the camera store.
I really pixel pipped and the difference was almost not notisable between them, I shot few portraits of the sales person and then we checked the results both were wonderful with the tiniest extra sharpness for the 85 1.8G but it was almost identical (sharpness and IQ).

Assuming you have a camera with AF motor in it I would say get either the 60mm D model or G model.
I read the D model is excellent and when I was on the hunt to buy the lens I was looking for the D version but I found the price differences between the 2 lenses in the used market was about 50$-60$ so for this littile money I decided to go with the G version but if you will find one for much cheaper I say get the D, if not then the G.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back