MACRO LENS

blackjackbluebomb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i AM REALLY INTERESTED IN mACRO PHOTOGRAPHY. i AM LOOKING FOR A GOOD LENS FOR MY NIKON F90X iam sure their are a few so i would like your opinion on which one OR WHICH ONES ARE BEST WITHOUT BREAKING THE BANK.

There are several out there. The 60mm f/2.8 is sharp but does not permit much space between you and your subject. The 105mm f/2.8 in VR or the recently discontinued non-VR versions seem to be the most in demand. It gives you an outstanding image with a little breathing room from your subject. Some say the non-VR is a little sharper than the newer version. Both seem very sharp and clear to me. A high priced option is the 200mm Micro from Nikkor, but it is pricey. There are also some cheaper options, the MF 55mm 2.8 Micro was tack sharp. I have a 30 y.o. copy that is very sharp. That, and maybe an extension ring will get the job done. As has been discussed recently in another (current) thread, a reversed 50mm normal lens will give you great macro results. If you already have a good prime lens, then you only need a reversal ring to be in business. There are a lot of options out there. Have fun!

...OR WHICH ONES ARE BEST WITHOUT BREAKING THE BANK.

John had sum up nicely, another option is you can always go cheaper with the 3rd party. Tamron, Sigma and Tokina have been doing good job as lens manufacturer. Zeiss also has ZF 50mm macro & ZF 100mm macro but I don't put Zeiss as a cheaper 3rd party lens.

Sorry about the Caps. I am going to go first withJetuedle advice with the 105mm f28 in vr or non vr versions. Going shopping on Craigs list unless someone has a better idea.

the 60mm 2.8 is a very economical choice. i have found it to be wonderfully sharp and i LOVE it for baby and child sessions especially. i have heard great things about the 105 as well. you can't go wrong with either one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back