Macro Photography is simple amazing!!

Fridges not freezers when they are used - freezer will certainly coldsnap most bugs to their last moment ;)

There are some who fridge and some who don't - personally I'm one who does not, it can run the risk of killing them (and whilst we might swat flies till we are blue in the face and step on many a million of insects each day - well - when it comes to photos I draw the line kinda). You can always get up early from bed or capture and use more shaded/cool spots for a more natural cooling.

Fridges not freezers when they are used - freezer will certainly coldsnap most bugs to their last moment ;)

There are some who fridge and some who don't - personally I'm one who does not, it can run the risk of killing them (and whilst we might swat flies till we are blue in the face and step on many a million of insects each day - well - when it comes to photos I draw the line kinda). You can always get up early from bed or capture and use more shaded/cool spots for a more natural cooling.

and a more natural setting to capture the shots in. Fridge/Freeze has the problem of them warming up too quick cause its not generally cool.

Cool thanks for the advice. EARLY Morning Shade.......sounds sweet. Thanks again for explaining.

Can focus stacking be done with Photoshop elements 8 or is there a freeware program one could get ?

CombineZP is a freeware software option you can use to stack shots:
I N D E X

Whilst Zerene Stacker and Helicon focus:
stacker [Zerene Stacker]
Helicon Focus - extended depth of field, focus stacking, 3D visualization

both offer you free trial periods but require fees for fulltime use.

Note that of the 3 no single one is superior over the other - for select stacks one might give a better result over the others, but otherwise they are all equally powerful options (most who stack photos a lot end up owning and using all 3 because of the amount of time and editing that goes into a stack before it reaches the stacking software).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back