Macro Photography - Life Cycle of growing Roses Timelapse (20 Days)

Jens Heidler

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey Everyone,
I took images of two roses for over 20 days showing Time Lapse footage from blooming to wither. Images were taken every 60 seconds with the sony a6300, sony a7r iv and a macro lens at F16 and ISO200. I really love how those flower develop and watching them grow and wither somehow really satisfies me:) What about you?

I liked the contrast between the two roses.

I like the time-lapsed idea and there has been a lot of really interesting stuff I've seen in nature documentaries where the camera also moves along with the subject.

Thank you! No... I wanted to have a mantis once... but my girlfriend was not that exicted of that idea:ambivalence:

Hi,

I am new to this forum and honest it has been increasing difficult for me to find a solution.

I am a mechatronic student and basically I am in the process of having to build a mock-up intervalometer with greater functionality than just intervals.

I need to basically have more complex timing such as a camera starting to take photos on say, every day for a week, but only during the day (approximately 8AM-8PM). The purpose of my project is to show how time lapse can assist with viewing errors in automation factories and distribution.

I searched for long-term time lapse cameras and it usually only comes up with construction products and companies that do construction time lapse like this (I've hyperlinked the two websites instead as the links were long and messy, please let me know if this is wrong). I have other examples but I read that I should not post more than two links!

Without going into a long and deeper hole where I've been getting no where, I was hoping anyone would know any software or hardware that would achieve the same capabilities they can? I installed Canon Utility to work with my borrowed DSLR camera and it only has basic time lapse functionality - nothing variable based i.e. date, time, pauses in-between etc.

I'm sorry if this is an old thread but it is one of the newer timelapse posts from the search section that focused on time lapse greater than 24 hours... I was hoping whatever method you used to capture 20 days might potentially have the needs of what I'm looking for?

Thanks heaps.

Last edited:
Hey Everyone,
I took images of two roses for over 20 days showing Time Lapse footage from blooming to wither. Images were taken every 60 seconds with the sony a6300, sony a7r iv and a macro lens at F16 and ISO200. I really love how those flower develop and watching them grow and wither somehow really satisfies me:) What about you?

That was fantastic! I love the contrast between the 2 roses. Very artistic. nice job.

Last edited:
I can't get it to play. Must be my browser.:madass:

Thank you for you feedback!
No I dont do mantis fight... (just venus flytraps from time to time...^^)

Most reactions

Back