Macro shots from today

Yuri

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
flower_1.jpg

flower_water_2.jpg

flower_water_1.jpg

flower_bee_1.jpg

I like the second and fourth one alot. How close did you get to that bee?

Jareth said:
I like the second and fourth one alot. How close did you get to that bee?

To make a long story short, i did not have my tripod handy so i had to kneel down over the flower and snap this shot just hoping i could get it before it got away. It was the smallest baby bee i have ever seen in my life. In real size it was as small as a small ant. At first i thought it was a baby fly. As to how close i got... i'd say about an inch.

Edit: I rembmer i was just praying to get a steady shot. I hardly had any time to check the camera settings so i thought "Its just a babey, i dont thing it will even sting me if i get right next to it". Surely it did not mind me being there but as soon as i fired off the shutter it took off.

When you say macro you really mean it! I love them honestly they are amazing. The colors really work for me. What were you using for macro, the little lens' or the extender tubes?

Eric. said:
When you say macro you really mean it! I love them honestly they are amazing. The colors really work for me. What were you using for macro, the little lens' or the extender tubes?

Thank you. Here is what i used: 300D + kit lens + Bower Titanium Super Wide .42x (macro/fisheye 2 in one 2pc adapter). All shots were hand-held as i had limited opportunity.

Hi Yuri! Wonderful pictures! I really like the one with a baby bee... neat!

Yuri said:
Thank you. Here is what i used: 300D + kit lens + Bower Titanium Super Wide .42x (macro/fisheye 2 in one 2pc adapter). All shots were hand-held as i had limited opportunity.
I'd love to get a set up like that for my dads 20D. How much would it run me?

Eric. said:
I'd love to get a set up like that for my dads 20D. How much would it run me?

Just grab the Bower adapter, it will screw on your dad's kit lens and you will be set. I think the adapter runs around $60 so its a very cheap setup.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back