Madame Butterfly and the chinese wedding by Pascal Riben

DanOstergren

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Really wish I could view the entire image without having to scroll up and down, or without having to click a link to your site to view it.

To me it's just an OK shot. I dislike it a lot more than I like it. Conceptually it's a little strange and confusing. It doesn't really make me think deeply about it, nor are there any details that I feel are really standing out to make it an exceptional or interesting shot. I also feel that the contrast is a little too high for my personal liking. All in all, it's not the sort of shot that I would want to view more than once.

sashbar

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I think it is a nice street shot. Reference to Madame Butterfly certainly makes it quite poignant and thought provoking. As with Puccini, a marriage sometimes is seen as 'a convenience' but very soon becomes a drama if not a tragedy. The setting is a bit operatic too. And the hand with the flowers adds to the whole settings. It is like 'Congratulations, you have learned your lesson'. A nice storytelling philosophical image. The contract is alright to me, it adds to the story.

OP
pascalriben

pascalriben

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
pascalriben.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Really wish I could view the entire image without having to scroll up and down, or without having to click a link to your site to view it.

To me it's just an OK shot. I dislike it a lot more than I like it. Conceptually it's a little strange and confusing. It doesn't really make me think deeply about it, nor are there any details that I feel are really standing out to make it an exceptional or interesting shot. I also feel that the contrast is a little too high for my personal liking. All in all, it's not the sort of shot that I would want to view more than once.

Many thanks for your comment DanOstergren :) Sorry you don't like this picture... I understand you wouldn't want to view more than once but maybe you should: sometimes you must see or listen the things more than one time to love them. Do you know for example that Woody Allen needed to see three times 2001 a space odyssey before to love it? Of course, I'm not Kubrick :roll:

The contrast it's ok for me. At least on my screen. Contrast depends of so many things: screen, light around, mood...

Thanks again for taking time to post a comment on my strange photo!

OP
pascalriben

pascalriben

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
pascalriben.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
I think it is a nice street shot. Reference to Madame Butterfly certainly makes it quite poignant and thought provoking. As with Puccini, a marriage sometimes is seen as 'a convenience' but very soon becomes a drama if not a tragedy. The setting is a bit operatic too. And the hand with the flowers adds to the whole settings. It is like 'Congratulations, you have learned your lesson'. A nice storytelling philosophical image. The contract is alright to me, it adds to the story.

Many thanks for your kind comment sashbar! I have seen your signing, do you know HCB was born on August 22?

DanOstergren

Reaction score

Many thanks for your comment DanOstergren :) Sorry you don't like this picture... I understand you wouldn't want to view more than once but maybe you should: sometimes you must see or listen the things more than one time to love them. Do you know for example that Woody Allen needed to see three times 2001 a space odyssey before to love it? Of course, I'm not Kubrick :roll:

The contrast it's ok for me. At least on my screen. Contrast depends of so many things: screen, light around, mood...

Thanks again for taking time to post a comment on my strange photo!
Sorry for the harsh feedback. I should perhaps eat a sandwich or take a nap sometimes before logging into the internets.

OP
pascalriben

pascalriben

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
pascalriben.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sorry for the harsh feedback. I should perhaps eat a sandwich or take a nap sometimes before logging into the internets.

Thanks again for commenting. No problem for me: as long as you show your job, you must be ready to accept all feedbacks, not only the good ones.

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics