Madame Sherri's Castle

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by nerwin, Jun 12, 2017.

1. nerwin

nerwin Been spending a lot of time on here!

Yesterday I finally had the opportunity to visit the Madame Sherri Forest in West Chesterfield, New Hampshire. I've been wanted to do it for a while when I found out there is some castle remnants.

It was a warm day, about 90 degrees and humid but the walk is a VERY short distance from the forest entry parking lot. It was quite a busy little place, met another photographer there doing a photoshoot with a model and of course as usual..we chatted about lenses haha.

It's a really neat location and worth a visit but you'll want to visit it soon because it is starting to show signs of collapsing and I don't know how much longer it will be standing.

Overall, I had a great time shooting there. Spent well over an hour taking photos of the remnants of once was an interesting structure.

The forest is pretty thick and not a TON of light passes through except where there are openings and this stone staircase was in the perfect spot, it was just a little before noon and the sun was shining right on it.

Nikon D610 + 16-35 f/4 VR - 1/200th, f/5.6 & ISO 450

Erwin-170611-10718.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. BrentC

BrentC Been spending a lot of time on here!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Nice shot.

• Like Like x 1
  3. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit

Very nice

• Like Like x 1