What's new

Made MY purchase

momof3shan

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 18, 2010
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Houston
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just ordered my FIRST SLR! The Nikon D3000! Will I love it or what??? I have alot to learn!! Any suggestions?
 
SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT

the more you use it the more you're gonna love it... also, as we are all tempted to just jump right into taking pictures, i would suggest you thoroughly read the manual front to back as there might be features that you'll find useful

good luck! :)
 
Read, read, read!

Know what genre of shots you are interested in taking, then find a few books on amazon about shooting that genre. For bonus prizes, try replicating the pictures in the book.
 
Wow! Congrats! I just bought my first DSLR too, it is a Nikon D60.
 
I just bought a Nikon D5000, and 2 lenses. ( My first Slr) Haven't gotten them yet. The anticipation is killing me!!!! LOL ... 1 more day!

Congrats on your purchase.. im sure youll love it :)
 
The d3000 is an awsome camera that years ago wouldn thave been even thought of for what you get for the $$$.

Its not the camera .... its the photographer.

Learn basics of how a camera works then study about light and composition.

Have fun and good luck!
 
Buy a copy of Bryan Peterson's Understanding Exposure and read it while you wait for your camera to show up! It will save you an untold amount of time re-inventing the wheel.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Exposure-Photographs-Digital-Updated/dp/0817463003/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1267044007&sr=8-1[/ame]
 
Thats the one I just bought and so far I love it.. wish the weather would clear up so I could go take some shots! Its killing me!!! lol
 
Congrats! I too am in the midst of reading my manual. I will also be grabbing a copy of understanding exposure.. also try this webiste: very informative! This blogger also suggests getting that book! :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom