Makeshift HDR

Tailgunner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got bored and wanted to see what I could come up with just processing an image vs stacking several in order to create an HDR look. So let me know what you think.

posted on TPF.com

Dull and flat. And the histogram bears this out. Try adjusting the white & black points.

Dull and flat. And the histogram bears this out. Try adjusting the white & black points.

Thanks, it does look really dull.

See if this is any better?

Last edited:
This is called tonemapping when you just monkey around with a single exposure. It's usually a feature built into most of the same programs that do HDR if you like the results and the convenience and want to automate this more in the future.

The second try at the image here is really nice, I think. It would be helpful to see the original image processed in a more "standard" fashion, such as the SOOC jpeg if you did RAW+jpeg.

This is called tonemapping when you just monkey around with a single exposure. It's usually a feature built into most of the same programs that do HDR if you like the results and the convenience and want to automate this more in the future.

The second try at the image here is really nice, I think. It would be helpful to see the original image processed in a more "standard" fashion, such as the SOOC jpeg if you did RAW+jpeg.

OIC, I'm using Lightroom 5 for my tone mapping.

I can't recall if I shot this using RAW+Jpeg, just upgraded my memory cards to Pro series cards and re-assigned them to include RAW+Jpeg.

Here is the original Jpeg...with slight cropping.

Last edited:
The second image looks much better, especially compared to the original.

Sent from my iPad using PhotoForum

Most reactions

New Topics

Back