Makeshift studio in the dining room and pics for c&c

misstwinklytoes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here was something I played around with in my dining room. Light was natural from a patio door and reflector. Flash was used as well. Help on how to improve with the flash would be great. Thanks for looking. :)

1. Rocking the tinkerbell glasses.

April2011 by jenangeljen, on Flickr

2. Easter Dress. Does she look grey??

3. Drama Queen

4. She loves the bunny.

5. Played with texture.

And that last one in a chocolaty black and white.

TIA! :hugs:

nice. whats the backdrop and where is the door located?

Backdrop is a 4x10 foot piece of black felt. Door was about 4-5 foot to her left (camera right). Reflector was just outside the frame on the left. Flash was just camera right... Maybe I had it too close to her... Not sure.

1, 3 and 5 look alittle hot from the flash. What were the settings. Some seem alittle soft.
#2 looks very nice.

I agree with vtf - 1, 3 and 5 do seem a little hot in places.

I like number 4 but it looks like the girl is looking at the camera - I find that a little distracting in this image.
Number 2 is very nice

Number one is by far the most adorable!! The others are a little hot, and the last is too washed out of my taste!

#1 is good, the rest are a little bit over exposed and some are very over exposed.

how are you processing these?

they look a bit off, I'm wondering if it is the processing (been there, am still there some days) or maybe your settings?

I like 2 & 3.

#1 is cool, but the glasses being on top of his ear bugs me... :lol: Other than that - I think it's pretty good.

I do not like 5 & 6... In 5, you made him look like a girl with too much makeup (and there's a blur/fringe thing around his hair). Too much skin softening, too much saturation - he looks like he's wearing lipstick.

6 is just too overexposed for me, but some parts look fine so I'm thinking it might just be the PP.

#4 is cute - I like that one too.

Thanks everyone. Yeah, there was a lot of work done one #4&5. I really liked them, though. It could be that I just like his eyes cause it's SO hard to get a catchlight in them when he's 90-nothing. :lmao:

I'll try to get an original up so I can get some advice on lighting. I think my flash was set to high giving me hot spots for one. I also think I should have backed it up a bit.

your originals are a lot better quality wise then the edits, and you know I love me some bright pictures...

Do you have any other color besides black?

You can get two yards of fleece for about 12 dollars, go and grab you a white and maybe a tan?

Most reactions

Back