What's new

Makeup Kit for Photographer

Would buy makeup kit for photographer

  • I need the deluxe +$100 version

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like the idea but the price is too high

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    8

Bthatgirl

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 23, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello Photogs. I am currently researching a bringing a new product to market and need some R&D advice from you, my target market. The product would be a makeup kit for photographers to use for touch ups and damage control during portrait work. Think head shots, weddings, portraits, annual reports, or even models.

Product includes:
Pigment free Oil control powder primer as a base parabin/irritant/carcinogen free
Pigment free HD/ flash photography quality shine control powder parabin/irritant/carcinogen free

possibly a secondary Pigment free smooth finish powder, also HD/flash photography quality to be used under or w/o HD quality shine control powder, again parabin/irritant/carcinogen free

professional quality applicator, (note:would need to be cleaned between subjects)

All inside a small black cloth zipper bag.

Retail price:$40

Deluxe version would include: cleanser for applicator, second applicator of a different size/style, professional blotting paper, brown mascara suitable for male/female and disposable applicators, mirror?

Retail price for Deluxe version +$100

Is this a product that you have been WANTING and NEEDING and would be SO jealous of if your competitor had it and would save the day SO many times, or is it not worth the money and you would never buy it. Also, would you end up taking some things out/adding some things in, to make the kit more useful to your needs. And, is the price a steal, or to high.

Thank you in advance for all thoughts!
 
Hello Photogs. I am currently researching a bringing a new product to market and need some R&D advice from you, my target market. The product would be a makeup kit for photographers to use for touch ups and damage control during portrait work. Think head shots, weddings, portraits, annual reports, or even models.
Is this a product that you have been WANTING and NEEDING and would be SO jealous of if your competitor had it and would save the day SO many times, or is it not worth the money and you would never buy it. Also, would you end up taking some things out/adding some things in, to make the kit more useful to your needs. And, is the price a steal, or to high.

Thank you in advance for all thoughts!

Can't speak for anyone else, but it's certainly not something i'd see saving the day once, never mind so many times. I think the only bit which MAY be useful the odd time is the anti shine powder, which you can pick up at any cosmetic counter for a couple of $$. As for the mascara, well that's taking things to a bit of an extreme, why not go the whole hog and give them a foot spa at the same time... You might be guessing where i'm going with this, but I genuinely don't see it as being a 'must have' thing, sorry. Good luck with it tho.
 
I won't vote because I don't do portraiture, so I'm not the target market.
 
Wouldn't be interested in a reusable kit. Something along the lines of sample kits from cosmetics companies work well since they are pretty much one time use and hygenically safer. Most often less expensive or even free. (Find someone who tried to be a Mary Kay rep, they have great samples left that they never used) Learned a long time ago not to use make up from a kit on multiple people if there is a chance of contaminating the kit and passing something along from one client to another. You can use clean applicators, but just like chips and salsa... don't double dip.
 
I wouldn't buy the kit, but it is something I would be in the market for if it was different...

If you were to specifically market to photographers, a small, personal use kit, with theater style makeup that is resistant to shine, it would definitely be something I would buy and include in packages...but it would have to be in sealed, professionally packaged, single use products of a quantity sufficient for one use...and it would have to be a lot lower than $100 bucks. It would also have to be customizable for skin tones.

If I were you, and I know almost nothing about makeup, I would market small, single use packages of antishine concealer, or whatever it is you women use on most of your face. Once I established a market for that, I would consider expanding to something of a more complete package.
 
I see oily face shine as a problem that photographers face when they take pictures of people, especially with men since they don't wear makeup, is this something that you (photographers) prefer to take care of in post production?
 
I do not think most men would know exactly how to use makeup.. I know I don't. If I had to bring someone to apply makeup, chances are they would know what I needed to have too.
 
Honestly, I don't see myself ever using makeup on a photoshoot unless there is a makeup artist there. I shoot senior portraits, family portraits, and weddings.

If the subject has issues with their skin I'll use lighting to conceal it or make it look as good as possible, and then take care of it in photoshop. I know NOTHING about makeup, and I doubt very many male photographers do..
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom