What's new

Making Eye contact

LLD

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 23, 2013
Messages
77
Reaction score
15
Location
Midwest
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this through my triple pane kitchen window which has a dark hue to it. I also had to crop it because I got the gutter in the right hand corner. If I had tried to open the back door he'd have taken off. I like the way he's watching me. What do you do when you see a great shot but can't get make a clean shot?
 

Attachments

  • $DSC_3596.webp
    $DSC_3596.webp
    342.9 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
First thing you do when shooting animals or birds is take what you can get. Shoot whatever you can get as soon as you see it. Then at least you've got something and can try and make it better. In this case, go out the door on the other side of the house and walk around the house quietly and see if you can get something better. Keep shooting and getting closer slowly and quietly. Sooner or later he will bolt, but by then you may have a couple of keepers.
 
I agree with Scott. I always want to get that "picture of record" and if that means shooting through glass or a car window, then so be it. Often though, if they are eating, I find that the animals like squirrels and rabbits, will tolerate a bit of human presence, particularly if they are used to it - not always, but sometimes. They may look up, or stop eating, but if you approach them very slowly and cautiously, then you may be able to get a few steps closer, even to opening the patio door to get a shot, as long as you don't step outside. I grab my biggest lens and go for it.

Regardless, of your shooting conditions on this one, it is a nice shot.

WesternGuy
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom