Making Lemonade out of Lemons...Wedding

Ok, that wedding of yours sounds like a blast. I'd give my eye teeth!

#6 is horrible.

#6 is horrible.

Not my pic but wondering why it's horrable? Couple things I might have done different, but I would never use horrable to describe that pic.

I can guess at 1 I think. And have to say a pro-photographer has to deal will all sorts and sizes of body types. Not all of them work out they way you planned. And just because it may show something you may not like what does the client think?

#6 is horrible.

Not my pic but wondering why it's horrable? Couple things I might have done different, but I would never use horrable to describe that pic.

I can guess at 1 I think. And have to say a pro-photographer has to deal will all sorts and sizes of body types. Not all of them work out they way you planned. And just because it may show something you may not like what does the client think?

Thank you Ben for understanding that we don't always work with super models in perfect settings. As I stated earlier, I was working in the mud, in a front yard, with chain link fencing and a whole lot of underdressed folks wandering around the background. You work with what you have.

She was a bit larger than the normal cover girl, but in my opinion she was beautiful.

But if Nikkor wants to diss the photography, so be it. I have seen her shots. If she wants to diss the bride, then we have something all together different.

I like them, although some of them are too contrasty. The only one which I think doesn't belong in here, ironically is the lemons one, because it's nothing special.

Hi Shaneuk. I agree. I was reaching. :) I pretty much had a choice of shooting the beer keg, or the lemons. Hehe. But yes, I agree.

I think by #7 he meant the picture that's a close up of the bride's face? Her eyes are kind of intense in a WHOA! kind of way.

But otherwise, it looks like they are really down-to-earth people, I love how the red tractor adds personality to the wedding in a way that no limo can :lol:

But on a side note, what did you use to remove the stray hairs, if you don't mind me asking?

Hi BYK,
Thanks. They are really sweet people, and yes, very down to Earth. Everything at the wedding was made by hand by the family. The flowers, the arch, the cakes. Everything.
The dress was purchased, but later altared by the bride herself. The chairs were a loan from their church. To them it wasn't about having the most ostentagious wedding ever to impress their friends, but instead, a wedding that happened in a place that means the world to them. It wasn't about impressing their buddies, but instead having a simple celebration where their friends had no need to feel they needed to get all dressed up. It was very simple. But also very real.

For stray hair removal, I use the "patch tool". Some could not be removed, as it got into eye and mouth rebuilding though.

Most reactions

Back