jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Decided to start the year off with a walk, and took the camera along, just in case... It was 71F when I left the house; about 45 minutes later a very strong wind came across the lake and withing fifteen minutes, the temps had dropped by 20 degrees. We're supposed to get into the 20's tonight. I liked what the wind was doing to the lake surface, especially along the shore, and so I tried to capture what I was seeing.

Tamron 18-400mm @265mm f/11 1/1250 ISO 1600
jan01202202 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Nice capture. If you guys get rain along with that 20 degrees everyone may be getting some extra days off due to icy roads.

20 degree- we don't even get that here in Summer for most days :)

Like the image too

Les :)

Interesting perspective. Do you feel it captured what you were seeing?

Nice capture. If you guys get rain along with that 20 degrees everyone may be getting some extra days off due to icy roads.
Thanks! As it is, there was no precipitation, so extremely cold (got to 19F with windchill of -1F) but fortunately no ice on the roads.
20 degree- we don't even get that here in Summer for most days :)

Like the image too

Les :)
Thanks! Yep, North Texas gets some pretty dramatic temperature changes at this time of year. Short sleeves in the morning, and a parka in the evening. :) One of these days, I need to find a place where I can get a good shot of a "Blue Norther" coming across the plains; it's a very impressive sight.
Interesting perspective. Do you feel it captured what you were seeing?
Thanks! Yes, the bubbles in the wavelets and the ripple across the top of the water, like it's being sand blasted. I should have done a video, because the sound of the wind coming across the water and the wavelets rolling was pretty neat.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back