Male Beauty

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently taught a one-on-one natural/available lighting class in Portland Oregon, and my favorite muse Marty was happy to stand in as my model for the class. These are a couple of the shots I took while instructing my student on how to see and use lighting the way that I do. These were lit with a single window on an overcast day.

Canon EOS 5D Classic | Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 lens set to f/3.5 | 1/160th sec | ISO 800
dcw2b50-199dfcee-e530-4fe6-b0e8-fae0c0381485.jpg

dcuffkm-3cd7d523-fd5e-4a4a-9630-bdbda7e8ede7.jpg

He kinda looks like Freddie Mercury in the second profile shot.

He kinda looks like Freddie Mercury in the second profile shot.
I can see that now that you point it out. Freddie was very handsome, but to be honest I think Marty has him beat in the looks department. As far as singing goes though, Freddie has anyone beat.

Man, I wish you were in Michigan. I'd take your class. Just these two images are very helpful. You talk about seeing the light, that is the challenge.

Man, I wish you were in Michigan. I'd take your class. Just these two images are very helpful. You talk about seeing the light, that is the challenge.
I’d offer to come to Michigan, but I imagine that it’s very cold right now!

I’d offer to come to Michigan, but I imagine that it’s very cold right now!
Yup, cold. Everything is drab looking. Kind of depressing

Most reactions

Back