donkondra.weebly.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Greetings,

Shot with E-30, 50-200mm @ 200mm, 1/200, iso 100, f 3.5

Outside temperature was -30 Celcius :sexywink:

E30woodpecker.jpg

Cheers, Don

Nice shot Don! I like that tiny bit of flash for an eye catchlight.

You really go for the good stuff, eh Don?

ED 50-200mm f2.8-3.5

I checked that 50-200 out not long after they got it into stores, and the first time I picked it up I could see why Olympus has such a reputation as a lens designing firm...it's sweet! For those not familiar with the 4/3 system, that lens is like a 100 to 400mm f/2.8~3.5 max aperture lens that a normal human being can actually carry,hold,and shoot--without the sherpa.

i am impressed with your knowledge of wildlife as well as your photograph. i'm not quiet sure how to do this in a digital photo, but if there were some way you could make the background shade a more uniform colour throughout, i think that it would enhance the image.

good stuff!

Nice shot, and I only feed the bird suet when it cold out, but -30 BRRR :lmao:

Derrel, wow that is a lens isn't it ! I am not that familiar with Olympus, looks like they have a very nice range of glass to suite most needs.

Nice shot, and I only feed the bird suet when it cold out, but -30 BRRR :lmao:

Derrel, wow that is a lens isn't it ! I am not that familiar with Olympus, looks like they have a very nice range of glass to suite most needs.

The SHG line is even better but I'd have to sell my van to pay for one, and it's a twelve mile walk to town :sexywink:

Nice shot...seems they always hang upside down.

Actually, I've noticed they will feed from the top when the "puck" is new. The feeder came with the chain attached on the end so they would feed from either side but I thought I'd try hanging it flat...

Thanks for the comments everyone, it is appreciated.

Cheers, Don

I like how you have him hanging upside down haha, good one. I don't like the softness of the birds body to be honest.

That's the shallow depth of field.

I've have been finding with the E-30 you can push the iso, increase the DOF and still maintain a decent shutter speed.

This is at f5, iso 640, 1/320.

Birthdaywoodpecker.jpg

Cheers, Don

Most reactions

Back