What's new

One of the neighbors

They inhabit our yard, living on birdseed the birds have knocked to the ground. As reslut we have both borad winges and red tailed hawk nesting nearby, They keep the chipmonk population down. I saw one thorugh the trees carrying one off yesterday. Great easy prey for young raptors after they fledge. Nutritious. The Cornel University cams showed a couple dead one in a hawk nest, waiting for the little ones to start eating solid food. I enjoy them, but left on their own, they’d over populate teh world.
 
A cute little creature; pity you couldn't get closer... :onthego:
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #4
A cute little creature; pity you couldn't get closer... :onthego:
I tried but it ran off. We have them in the side and back yards, as well.
 
Very nice image! When I was a kid, one of my uncles told me if I could sprinkle salt on a chipmunk's tail, I could catch it. He wasn't wrong... never managed to get close enough with the saltshaker though... 😂
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom