Male Ruby Throated Hummingbird

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This little fellow sat there let me flash him repeatedly lol such a good sport!
I wish I had moved a bit to my left to get away from those leaves in the foreground, didn't even see them at the time though :(

C&C always welcome and appreciated.

Hmmm, this one made me go "oh my" when I opened it. Wondering if it is one of "those" shots that I love but everyone else goes "meh"?

I like it! Funny story, when I was little I for some reason thought that hummingbirds were like sharks. In that they could never stop flying, or they would die. I don't know how or why I thought that, but I did.

Thanks for proving that in fact, hummingbirds do have legs. :lmao:

Thanks CM :)
Lol neat story, I'm glad I cleared that up for you ;) lol

Judi, you have all the luck. Not only did these Hummingbirds decide to visit you Canadians so early in the season, but they stopped by your place for a personal visit. About the only place to view Hummingbirds here on LI is a few places that are only open to the public in June.

Too bad that those green leaves are blocking the tail feathers, as they do detract somewhat from your image. I would have opted to crop it a little more from the top and the left side. Can you clone out those leaves in post editing?

Thanks so much Joel , I truly thank my lucky stars every day that we moved here, I'm going to be finding new things for a very long time, and the hummingbirds are just the icing on the cake :)

Unfortunately taking it out is beyond my editing skills, there are a couple others in different poses that nothing snuck into but i still don't like them as well as this one. I like your alternate crop idea, so I'm going to give it a try. I cropped this wide on this one to show some scale.

Here is the tighter crop :)

Judi, the crop is way better. Just so much stronger of a composition. The leaf is still there, but doesn't seem to be that much of a issue now.

Thanks Joel, I do like the crop and it does make the leaf less of an issue. I'm trying to get away from the standard " tighter" crops and explore other options, alas it appears this one wasn't a perfect candidate because of the leaf and so the quest continues lol

Hey Emoxley, thanks! Yes these guys are just beyond neat :)
I can see why you would think it is a Black Chinned, his plumage there didn't catch the light at all. In this shot some of it showed but alas no eyes lol

very nice shot!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back