Mall Observation

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shot on my cell phone. After reflecting on going to the mall, which I normally despise, I think there is a ton of opportunity to discover other peoples art and celebrate it. I noticed one window display when I first got there and I thought to myself that these people are not much different than a person behind a camera and they have a controlled light feature. Their job is to design and display, they are like a portrait artist? They are selling something, are we when we take a picture? I think there is value in the appreciation of others artwork. I talked to the lady that made this display at Coach and she told me they blueprint the display, she (owner) had virtually no control and was not satisfied. I think she has other areas of concern with the salesforce. However, it is the corporate standard operating procedure measured by everything that would probably get @Derrel excited if he were in charge.

Sometimes it is wise to talk with what is in your view finder.

BWmall (12).jpg

The corporate office has hired a designer to create the exact impression that corporate has asked for. If the shop owner can't understand that, she can talk to them or go into another line of work. Start her own line of handbags. Sell cat food. Whatever.

DSC_0304.jpg

Nice shot. But since this was in "just for fun," I thought I would share my favorite window display, taken in NYC a few years ago. Must have been some party, but I give the display person credit for showing up to work the next day.

The corporate office has hired a designer to create the exact impression that corporate has asked for. If the shop owner can't understand that, she can talk to them or go into another line of work. Start her own line of handbags. Sell cat food. Whatever.
I agree. I thought it was interesting in her response and I was impressed with the display. I think I captured the essence.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back