Man I really wish I lived here!

vipgraphx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
While on vacation in San Diego I stayed in a hotel right in Old Town. It was the Hacienda best Western. Right across the street there was a historical area and above that where these super nice homes. WOW I would really like to live there!!

Here is a pictures of my view I had every morning. Some days it was foggy and over cast which I really like!! I have always thought it was hard to do HDR with greenery on top of greenery but I think I pulled it off and able to give depth and separation with a few tricks using layer masks.

house on hill oldtown by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

Very well done! Lots of detail but the dim overcast day comes through.

I like it :)

I've been to many cities across the U.S. and San Diego for day to day living is my favorite (50 miles South of where I am now).

You always seem to convey the mood of the places you shoot . As always great shot !

I like it.

I just noticed something however. Your post processing is great overall except your images all seem to have a dark underexposed look. I'm not sure if this is the effect you are going for.

I was going to say it looks underexposed by at least a stop.

any way to pull more detail out of the palms jetting out into the sky? they are very dark and have obvious haloing.

I like it.

I just noticed something however. Your post processing is great overall except your images all seem to have a dark underexposed look. I'm not sure if this is the effect you are going for.

Yes, I process this way. Allthough I like HDR and like to bring out lots of DR. In certain images I like to have more contrast between light and dark. I feel that it gives the images a more 3D look as if your looking out of a window. When shadows have lots of detail and less contrast I feel that the image looks more flat.

Thanks for replying.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back