No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
050304.jpg

050604.jpg

050504.jpg

050804.jpg

Wow, the first one is amazing. I love the lighting and mood.

Excellent! I see the night shots progressing. Keep in mind that the light source in the first 2 frames may be a little rough (specular highlights). Absolutely, positively, beautiful gradients in the bottom 2 frames.

Nice bunch of images!! I also like the dreamy effect of the first one.

Would love seeing a large version of the last two, though. I am betting they are much more beautiful when you can see all that detail. The last one in particular is just gorgeous. I like the simplicity of the scene, the way it's composed and the reflection. Nice job!! :D

Thank you all. And yes terri it does have more of a feel to it at a larger size. I will try to post a link to it when I get back from work.

Wow, agreed about the last two gradients.
And the first one is just amazing. How did you achieve that effect?
I guess it was a foggy night after rain, but did you use any special effects?

Please help out a beginner :p
Dimitry

Love the juxtaposition in that first shot - excellent work!

For the first one, the ice had been melting and finished today. Just as the sun set a few hours ago, it started to fog up for a few minutes and then just disappear. Yet to return after a few more minutes. Just alot of different manual zoom to get it in focus right. There was no special effects done on the images either.

terri said:
Would love seeing a large version of the last two, though. I am betting they are much more beautiful when you can see all that detail. The last one in particular is just gorgeous. I like the simplicity of the scene, the way it's composed and the reflection. Nice job!! :D

Here you go
http://www.error5.net/photos/other/edited/larger_131_3167.jpg

~ 189kb baby.

Shot it handheld instead of a tripod so the detail is not exactly how I wanted it. Hopefully tomorrow night is sunny again to redo the shot.

mmmm, I appreciate what you're saying about the detail - I'd love to see this exact shot a tad crisper - the lines of the tree branches is what I'm thinking of when I say that.

I just love that hint of orange and where it's placed. Still a beauty - and I'm betting it wouldn't be too hard, like you were saying, to get that image again. Grab that tripod and give it a try! :D

Wow... I really like the first one. The lighting the composition are perfect. Makes me want to take a stroll down that path out of curiosity.

Most reactions

Back