What's new

Mangla Dam

I REALLY like the composition in this one. However, the colors seem a bit dull and lifeless. It needs more... something... I do not do much PP so I am not sure what it really needs. Some contrast? Saturation? Sharpening? I am not sure. Maybe all three. If you have the RAW file for it I would love to see what people would/could do with it.
 
Yeah its a pretty shot, but the colors are just blergafurg :/

What were the camera settings used?
 
I would love to give you people the RAW file. I tried to bring in more color to the photo but I remember I was having trouble doing so. Ill post the RAW file in a while :) Thanks for the feedback.
 

Played with it a little. What do you say?
 
I like that edit a lot better. The greens are green the water is not blown out. Good job Tomasko!
 
I love it! Could you tell me the steps you took to make this? I'd be grateful :) And what software did you use?
 
I used Adobe Camera Raw 5.6 integrated to Photoshop Elements 6.0. However, no further PP except ACR was done.
I can't recall all the settings (I did it at 2:30 am), but I'll try to repeat the steps...
WB - "As shot" (Temperature 5650)
Tint - unchanged (-9)
Exposure - unchanged (0,00)
Recovery - 70
Fill light - 35
Blacks - 80
Brightness - +18
Contrast - +80
Clarity - +70
Vibrance and saturation both unchanged (0).

Result isn't exactly the same, but I hope it gives you at least some hint what was done.
Glad you and johnh2005 like it :)
 
thanksa bunch Tomasko! This will surely help!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom